The Thoughts of Biggus Rickus

The home to all things Biggus.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, FL

I'm the shit.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Today in Online Kookery

Biggus Rickus likes kooky religions. In fact, he likes them so much that he would be willing to spend the rest of the week on them, or as long as it takes before they are all catalogued. And now he will stop referring to himself in the third person. Don't get me wrong. I think religion in general has a certain amount of kookiness, but maybe, just maybe there's some ancient wisdom contained in there somewhere, something to the supernatural claims. Maybe we're just too cynical to see the miracles anymore. Maybe. However, when your deity died in 1934 I have a very hard time taking you at all seriously. And so we come to the Nation of Islam, or NOI as it is abbreviated. The NOI grew up as a religious organization to improve the lot of blacks. Sounds nice until you actually know what they believe is necessary in their eyes to improve that lot. This bastardized form of Islam isn't all bad, but it's bad enough in enough ways to be deplorable. Racism, sexism, homophobia...maybe it isn't as bastardized a form as I thought now that I think about it. But don't take my word for it.

http://www.noi.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home