The Thoughts of Biggus Rickus

The home to all things Biggus.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, FL

I'm the shit.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Gator Bait

A baby alligator has taken up residence in the retention pond outside the building in which my office resides. An e-mail advising us not feed it was circulated around the building. The reason is obvious, but just in case I'm mistaken in that, it is because the alligator will become too comfortable in the presence of human beings and become a danger as it gets older. They put the alligator down if this happens. This strikes me as overkill, pardon the pun. There are many places in south Florida where gators are and people are not. Why not just ship it there? Or why not send it to a zoo or The Alligator Farm (which is an actual tourist attraction)? Not that I'll lose sleep over it if it does happen. I'm no protector of beasts. I just don't understand the logic of killing it when there are other options.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home